Visiting Florida’s Clear Water Beaches
It is hard to imagine a trip to Key Largo, Florida without a visit to the clear water beaches. After all, you have not one, but two bodies of water to enjoy – the Atlantic Ocean to the east and Florida Bay to the west.
Being surrounded by beautiful turquoise water, don’t be surprised if you find yourself mesmerized by it. You may decide that sitting back in a chaise lounge and soaking in the view and the sunshine is all you need on your romantic Florida getaway. But while there is no denying it is incredible, there is so much more to see and do.
Make the most of your time on Florida beaches.
Things to Do at Florida’s Beaches
When most people think of spending time on the beach in Florida, they think about splashing in the waves, lounging in the sun, or building sandcastles in the sand. Truth is, though, when you have access to all sorts of water activities, the fun in the water just doesn’t cease.
Looking for something extraordinary to do while visiting Key Largo? Here are a few ideas.
- Kayaking and Paddleboarding. The calm waters allow for enjoyable watersports adventures. Encounter dolphins, manatees, many types of birds, and tropical fish as you gently cruise along in your kayak or while standing on a paddleboard.
- Snorkeling. Snorkeling in Key Largo will leave you in awe with all the sights around the reef – and up-close encounters with dolphins and manatees, our gentle giants.
- Scuba diving. The Florida Keys has one of the largest reef systems in the world. This means you will encounter so many colors of marine life while scuba diving. There are many different must-see sights based on skill level so you are sure to have an unforgettable experience.
- Charter boats and cruises. When you have water, you need a boat – right? Private boat charters and rentals, sunset cruises, and daily boat excursions are all options for enjoying Florida’s waters. Whether you want private time or an experience with others, the choice is yours.
- Fishing. Because you have access to two different bodies of water in Key Largo, you get the opportunity to experience different types of fishing. How about fly fishing in the Everglades National Park? Or inshore reef fishing or offshore fishing, giving access to so many different types of fish.
What to Pack When Visiting Florida’s Beaches
If you are planning on spending time at the beaches or on the water in Key Largo, then you are going to want to ensure you pack a few key items.
- Reef-safe sunscreen
The Florida sun can feel even brighter when you are out on the water, so be prepared.
Nestle Between the Waters at Bungalows Key Largo
At Bungalow’s Key Largo, our adult-only all-inclusive resort comes with easy access to both the bay and the ocean. And we have so many ways for you to take advantage of it all. From scuba diving to paddleboarding to kayaking or taking a sunset cruise. You are sure to enjoy visiting Florida’s clear water beaches on your visit to our resort.
Want to give the gift of time on the water? Treat someone you love to a Bungalows Key Largo gift card.